Wondering what's brewing with Saif these days? It's all about his cup of tea! At a recent visit to Hyderabad, the actor shared some interesting tea tales, while speaking about his upcoming films and more. The suave and stylish Chote Nawab was dressed casually in denims and a white shirt, Saif looked ready to beat the Hyderabad heat.
Any special reason to visit city of Nizams?
I don't come here often. I was doing some post-production work for my film Agent Vinod and in between all that, I had some time, so I decided to come here.
What's special about your tea?
I love tea and that's why I am the brand ambassador of a tea brand. Drinking tea is an experience. It's special. It has to appeal to all your senses and leave you mesmerised.
What is more interesting acting or producing?
Film production is exciting, more creative than acting. It turns out to be fun if right people are hired.
Tell us more about Agent Vinod?
A lot is being written about the film and the characters that Kareena and I are playing. It would be wrong to say that the heroine plays a spy or has a negative role. Agent Vinod is an action adventure film, that's all I can say for now. Instead of assuming, one should wait for a proper announcement to be made which will happen soon.
Love Aaj Kal in Telugu how do you feel about it?
I am happy that it is now being remade in Telugu. It's always better to generate original stuff than resort to copying. And if you want to re-make a film, buy the rights. I have sold the rights for remake of the film.
Planning to remake films from Tollywood?
I haven't seen many South Indian films. But the kind of response that Ghajini and Wanted received, shows that content from southern cinema is appealing. Of course, not all films from the south will meet the same fate if remade in Hindi, because the sensibilities of the audience vary from region to region.
Any regrets with not winning the IPL bid?
I was interested in buying an IPL team, but only at a certain price. I think IPL's a hugely successful enterprise and a great business venture. But buying an IPL team is not my cup of tea at the moment.
How is life after Padmashree awards?
It's a great compliment and an encouragement for an actor like me to receive such an honour. The responsibility to do good work has increased. After all, I have to be worthy of the award.
—Anubha K. Singh
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment