March 29th, 2009
By Anubha K. Singh
Hyderabad, March 28: College students disappointed over Election Commission’s apathy. In the forthcoming elections, a lot of students will be destitute of their right to vote as their voter I cards had so far not issued by the Election Commission.
Many students have applied to online registration of voter I cards plus filled up the forms but so far not received the card. Now students are planning to approach to the EC to get their voter cards before the elections.
"With an excitement to vote for the first time and bring a change in the state by voting for the correct person more than 1200 students from my college submitted the forms but unfortunately we have not yet received our voter id card" said, Chandra Mohan, Student from CVR college of Engineering.
"Many of us applied online plus filled up the forms to get a voter id card but so far we have not received our cards. Now we all are planning to complain the Election Commission on this regard so that we can get our id cards before elections. There are more than 1000 students in my college who applied for the voter id cards but unfortunately there names are not even there in the enrolment list " said, Ankita Kumari, Student of Aurora PG College.
"I have been a resident of Hyderabad since many years. I have submitted my details by representatives. My details and photos were taken last 3 months back. I have not yet received my voter id card yet" said, Anil Reddy, student.
It seems getting a voter ID card is not that simple in the city. There are many students who are still doing rounds to get their voter ID cards even after applying more than once, there are many first time voters who are feeling disappointed on election Commissions lethargy.

No comments:
Post a Comment